Forum Pink Floyd David Gilmour Roger Waters Nick Mason Richard Wright Syd Barrett

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
Voir le deal
399 €

Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...

+55
more thunder heart secret
gidehault
franckiné
poulet
echo of a distant time
galactor
Swan
J.J.
stéphane
patrice
splitting the atom
Mase
juzfloyd
BGM2W
Bonnet Rouge
Free Four
C René
Brian Gilmour
Interstellar
bj.hartplant
Pinkisthecolour
tom59
jeromeu
*****pierre
Marsu
lausoda
funckyfrank
Green_is_the_colour
MOB
-jim
WTFBJ ?
flodrien
quartier18
GrecFloyd
mdc
Jujufloyd
Floyder
Chapter24
sephiroth88
IfPulse
Cagliostro
Symoon
cool
pif floyd
pipi3
Qui s'y Floyd s'y Pink
biding my time
DolbyEX
lvri
if
Floyd_Le_Grand
dumbangel
GilmourWood57
frenchcandle
59 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Suivant
AuteurMessage
biding my time

Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyJeu 25 Mai - 14:45

La grosse question pour moi, comment cet album s'ecoutera au fil du temps? Decouvrirons nous des subtilites par ci par la? Ou alors, c'est une galette qui balance bien des la premiere ecoute, mais dont on se lassera apres une 20aine d'ecoutes? a écrit:
Ca, c'est la vraie question. Effectivement, il faut espérer qu'il fasse partie de ces albums "poupées russes" qu'on découvre au fil du temps. Mais:
1. Je pense qu'étant tous passionnés de musique, on saura si c'est un tel album
2. Je fais confiance à Roger là-dessus. C'est quand même une des marques de fabrique du groupe
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Cagliostro

Cagliostro

Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyJeu 25 Mai - 15:17

@Mob et Juju...

Ou avez vous trouve l'album en entier???
pipi3

pipi3

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyJeu 25 Mai - 15:36

Soit ils connaissent un disquaire, soit sur torrent ou autres trucs pas trop legaux Smile

Pour le moment je ne l ai pas trouvé sur YT (mais il est possible qu il soit cache sous un autre nom). Wink
funckyfrank

funckyfrank

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyJeu 25 Mai - 18:38

Pour ma part, l'album est très bon. Début un peu timide et convenu.. mais les morceaux s'enchaînent parfaitement et l'ensemble a de la gueule.

Pas de moment d'extase à la première écoute.. Mais je n'en avait pas eu non plus avec The Wall et Animals. Les arrangements sont riches et dépouillés à la fois.. assez déconcertant pour le coup.

Bird in Gale est à tomber! (beaucoup de références à la grande période du FLoyd)

Pas de solo de guitare effectivement, ça manque un petit peu par moment.. mais ça ne nuit pas à la qualité des compos

Peut être un grand cru qui se bonifiera avec le temps ce ITTLWRW !

pipi3

pipi3

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyJeu 25 Mai - 18:41

Vu sur un autre forum:

I just heard "Is This The Life We Really Want" from top to bottom.

1st impressions:

1. You have never heard Roger Waters sing so good. I hate to break it to any people here. Roger Waters cannot sing, he never could sing, and at his age he will never learn and suddenly be able to sing. I thank Goodrich, you should thank Goodrich, and your women will also be thanking Goodrich....which leads me to 1st impression #2.....

>>> LOL!  C'est ose tout de meme, notamment apres les 4 chansons que l'on connait

2. This is a fantastic album that you vinyl junkies will need 2 of because you are gonna wear one out. This is the product a producer using Roger's biggest strengths and diffusing his weaknesses to create something brilliant.

If you are comparing this to Pink Floyd you will be disappointed. If you approach this as a finished work by an artist you respect... it stands on its own while only reminiscent in that this painter has a pallet of colors he owns and uses...but he explores other song approaches too simultaneously as on "Bird In a Gale" thanks to his coach.... Mr Goodrich.

It's Waters.... and Goodrich worked his ass off. There is not a moment where the music makes up for lack of effort on RW's part.

For a minute after "Smell The Roses" (which I initially wasn't impressed with - it does work in context - it came just in time really)... For a minute after "Smell The Roses" I thought we might have some filler...but no...not at all.

3. No producer.... not Ezrin...no one... has ever done Roger justice to his voice. Until now. How do I know? Sh-i-t dudes.... you'll see.

This may be his best album. If not best... certainly most competent sounding. ...and that means a lot to this fan. I know he is great...and a producer should make everyone else know it too.

Blown Away - at first impression WOW

>>> Pas sur que le mec ait vraiment ecoute le nouve album

Un autre gars dit:

Godrich buried Roger's vocals. I won't comment on the overall compression and dynamics until I listen to this at 44.1k.

Et la c'est plus interessant et instructif:

So having heard the album a couple of times (no more until the vinyl comes) I have a written a few thoughts. Obviously it is fairly early in the day so my opinions may change.

Lyrical and musical spoilers ahead!!!

First off, the criticisms. The album feels a bit scattershot by Rogers standards. By that I mean that – whilst there is certainly an underlying theme – there is no unifying concept or story which ties the piece together as a whole as with previous outings. The theme itself is a critique of modern life and features Roger’s usual targets. Greedy and corrupt politicians (one in particular – guess who?) who dupe the populace into voting them into power, innocent civilians whose lives are torn apart by the aforementioned and the rest of us who apathetically watch this going on whilst filling our lives with TV and goods we but with borrowed money. Sound familiar? Yep, we are firmly in Rog territory here.

The album does seem to lull slightly in the middle. The main offender on this front for me is the title track itself which does seem something of a dirge in parts if I’m honest. This particularly applies to the end section where Roger proceeds to recite lyrics whilst doing his best Bob Hoskins impression. This then segues into Bird In a Gale which is an odd piece to say the least. A sounds collage set to a pulsing back beat (a racing heart), it almost sounds like Trent Reznor popped into the studio and lent a hand for a day! For sure, this one will take a few more listens to fully grasp and is the most complex and challenging piece on the album. We then float back down to earth with The Most Beautiful Girl, another tranquil, piano led piece with a steady beat which bears a passing resemblance to watching TV lyrically.

For me, the four songs which bookend the album (ignoring When We Were Young as it is more of a sound collage in the vein of Speak to Me) are where the peaks of this album lie – and what peaks they are! Most of you will be familiar with Déjà vu and The Last Refugee so I won’t dwell on those again, but their stark beauty sets the tone for much of this album. Roger has never been the greatest singer but what he is great at is conveying emotion and he does that with aplomb here. The cry of ‘I would be afraid, to find someone home’ on Déjà vu sends shiver down my spine – it really hits home. Speaking of hitting home, the utterly fabulous and devastating Broken Bones probably takes song of the album for me. Lyrically, it is sometimes inelegant (‘but we can say **** You, we will not listen to your ******** and lies’) but boy does it smack you hard. The world weariness of the opening lines is verging on suicidal:

Sometimes I stare at the night sky
See them stars a billion light years away
And it makes me feel small like a bug on the wall
Who gives a **** anyway?

I’m sure many of us have experienced feelings of isolation and worthlessness in our lives. Those words are so sharp they hurt.

The final three songs are something of a paean to love. They merge into one with the middle section of Oceans Apart being a kind of Déjà Vu reprise – it cuts in beautifully at the end of the tender song Wait For Her and then segues into Part of me Died, an altogether darker song and which ends the album on an abrupt and sombre note.

How much you like this album will likely depend on what era of Floyd you are into. If you enjoy all eras you will probably enjoy this. Similarly, if The Final Cut is high on your list of preferences, you are good to go. If, however, you love WYWH and find TFC something of a bind I imagine that ITTLWRW will not to a great deal for you. Make no mistake, this is very much a Roger Waters solo effort – more so than anything he has done before. There is little effort made to recapture the sounds of bygone years. Yes, the album has Floyd signature sounds – it could not be off having them - but they are very much the sounds that Roger contributed. A funky bass line (Cigar, Sheep). A background collage of sounds in between and during songs (everything he has done). Simple piano and/or acoustic based numbers (If, Mother, Flickering Flame). There is no effort to replace Dave here as on previous efforts. The arrangements are often stark and bare. It sounds very much as if Nigel said – we are going to play to your strengths and no one else’s. It says Roger Waters on the cover – forget the past a write a Roger Waters album in 2017. And that is what we have.

When I heard Roger was releasing this album, I must admit my first thought (after excitement) was one of fear. After 25 years, was there anything left in the tank? Perhaps enough to scrape an album together but would the songs be dregs from the bottom of the barrel and would he be universally panned for it? Having heard the album and listened to the voice of various critics – both on forums and professional – the answer thankfully, appears to be no. Only time will tell whether it ranks with his best work. My initial reaction is that musically and lyrically it does not quite. But when you have a back catalogue like he does, I think hoping for a career best album at this stage of affairs is perhaps being a tad unrealistic. He has delivered a moving, intimate, thought provoking, entertaining piece of work, one which I will undoubtedly enjoy for years to come. He can still send chills up my spine and bring me to tears as well as get my foot tapping. He can still make my mind wander in deep thought at the troubles we face on a global scale. And the old bastard can still make me sit up in fright when an unexpected missile come leaping out of my headphones. And at this stage of affairs, that is all I could hope for.

Dernière édition par pipi3 le Jeu 25 Mai - 18:45, édité 2 fois
sephiroth88

sephiroth88

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyJeu 25 Mai - 18:43

Non vraiment comment autant de gens ont déjà pu écouter cet album alors qu'il n'est pas encore sorti?
Quel est votre secret???
pipi3

pipi3

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyVen 26 Mai - 1:37

Une autre revue superbement détaillée par RonToon Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 637358

After about a half dozen listens and collecting most of the lyrics I'm mellowing a bit since my first spin of the disc.

The opening track, When We Were Young, is a short spoken collage by Roger (he obviously has a lot to say) over a pulsating synth/bass line with a clock ticking in the background. This leads directly into Deja Vu, my favorite track on the album. Godrich made Roger edit this down from his poem Lay Down Jerusalem (he wouldn't allow any Israeli politics on the album since it was deemed "unproductive') and it serves the song well. It gets right to the point in three verses each from a distinct point of view. It's beautifully orchestrated (as is much of the album) and structured. I'm still not thrilled with the verbosity of the first couple of lines but I've gotten used to this.

Next up is the familiar (by now) The Last Refugee. It's a very "light" song, not much going for it musically with an opening percussive beat and piano chords similar to Bowie's Five Years which are the sole instruments for most of the song. Waters soothing vocals give way to him straining his voice into uncomfortable territory at times (he could never sing this live - and doesn't) and the song never really goes anywhere, as pretty as it is for most of the time.

Picture That could have really been a scorcher, the highlight of the album. The lyrics are some of my favorites (Follow me filming myself at the show/On a phone from a seat in the very front row), raw, angry, a nearly 7-minute purge. My problem with the song is that the synch/keyboard in between vocals is to "light" for such a heavy song. If there was one track just begging for a rocking guitar it's this one. Think Sheep (which this song has been compared to). The final 2+ minutes of the song are wasted on a syncopated rhythm track and the same limp keyboards as the song refused to end gracefully. This one should have ended with a bang! One of the first instances where I couldn't understand a good deal of the lyrics because his voice was a bit buried in the mix.

A coyote howls, Roger clears his throat and an acoustic guitar introduces Broken Bones. A very simple melody in 3/4 time supported by his guitar and some more lovely orchestration reminiscent of Southampton Dock from The Final Cut. The serenity of the song is twice interrupted by a brief bombastic chorus (aka Roger yelling again - and I can't understand a word he's saying). This is one that's growing on me a bit, I'll bet I'll like it even more once I know what the heck he's saying.

The title track, Is This The Life We Really Want?, begins with some words from our current (cough, cough) president. Man, I wish he hadn't put this on the album, I hate hearing his voice. The track is a repetitious drone of keys/guitar/percussion with orchestral accents and flourishes where Roger is pretty much in spoken word mode. This would fit right in on Steven Wilson's solo debut, Insurgentes. My least favorite song, a remarkably unmusical and uninteresting track and I can't quite make out all the lyrics to this one either yet.

Bird in a Gale begins like an emergency breaking with a beeping alarm and rapid drumming and it is the percussion that drives this track over the synths. Roger basically yells at the top of his range throughout this song which I still find hard to get through. Another unmusical track where I don't have any idea of what Roger is yelling about most of the time. The most annoying track on the album.

A syncopated drum, not dissimilar to The Last Refugee, begins The Most Beautiful Girl but in 3/4 time (like Broken Bones). Another song with a very simple melody and sparse instrumentation (the piano/keyboards are by far the most dominant instruments on the album). And just like The Last Refugee is doesn't go anywhere or really do anything for me. It's pleasant at best and basically a relief from the previous 2 songs.

Smell the Roses is a wake up call from the mid-section malaise. I really dig this track with its Have a Cigar vibe and nods to Dogs (the middle sections) and Obscured by Clouds/When You're In. The slide guitar section during this song is the closest this album comes to featuring an electric guitar. You've all heard it by now. My favorite track along with Deja Vu.

The album closes with what could be considered a single composition in 3 parts - Wait For Her / Ocean's Apart / Part Of Me Died. A chordless keyboard and acoustic guitar carry the first song and third songs which share the same simple and repetitious melody, which are briefly bridged by the middle track. The song finally takes flight in the uplifting orchestrated chorus. I love the lyrics (which are again difficult to make out at times) and structure as Waters keeps things very simple. The final track smashes a plethora of lyrics and thoughts together which feels like a shotgun blast rather then a direct hit, a last ditch effort to offer all his final complaints and to make sure that all his bases/targets are covered.

The part that is envious, cold-hearted and devious
Greedy, mischievous, global, colonial,
Bloodthirsty, blind, mindless and cheap
Focused on borders and slaughter and sheep

Burning of books, bulldozing homes
Given to targeted killing with drones
Lethal injections, arrest without trial

Monocular vision, gangrene and slime
Unction, sarcasm, Common assault,
Self-satisfied heroic killers lifted on high

Piracy adverts, acid attacks on women
By bullies, and perverts and hacks
The rigging of ballots and the buying of power

Lies from the pulpit, rape in the shower
Mute, indifferent, feeling no shame
Portly, important, leering, deranged

Sat in the corner, watching TV
Deaf to the cries of children in pain
Dead to the world, just watching the game

Watching endless repeats
Out of sight, out of mind,
silence, indifference
The ultimate crime
But when I met you
That part of me died

Bring me a bowl
To bathe her feet in
Bring me my final cigarette
It would be better by far to die in her arms
Than to linger in a lifetime of regret

In the end the song builds to a crescendo but the final line abruptly peters out, seemingly prematurely ending the song and the album much like The Moment of Clarity did on The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking (Roger's first solo album - not counting Music from The Body). It's an interesting juxtaposition to the first part of this song (Wait for Her) which shares the same melody but is much less lyrically dense.

It's a hit-n-miss effort with strong hits and quite a few misses. It's musically simplistic and doesn't seem to take a lot of chances being dominated by acoustic guitar and piano. The middle tracks really bog down the album and I wish to feck that he included the wonderful Crystal Clear Brooks in place of... well throw a dart at the middle of the album. For the most part it sounds very one-note and the decision to have "no guitar" solos seems questionable, stubborn, and even foolish. It would be interesting to see what another producer would have created especially one that didn't steamroll over Roger so much during recording and mixing. On first listen I gave this album a 6/10 and now it's at about a 7/10. It's a very different kind of Roger Waters album yet at the same time familiar. I'm willing to give it some more time.

Dernière édition par pipi3 le Ven 26 Mai - 1:58, édité 1 fois
pipi3

pipi3

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyVen 26 Mai - 1:55

Le consensus serait que le milieu de l album soit sa partie faible avec notamment sa chanson titre et Bird in a Gale.

Le gros morceau serait Picture That mais d après Rontoon il manque le carton sur la fin de la chanson.  Hé Jeff Beck tu peux pas revenir nous faire un solo de la mort!  Ah non Nigel a dit qu il voulait pas...
Cagliostro

Cagliostro

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyVen 26 Mai - 6:29

. If there was one track just begging for a rocking guitar it's this one. Think Sheep (which this song has been compared to). The final 2+ minutes of the song are wasted on a syncopated rhythm track and the same limp keyboards as the song refused to end gracefully. This one should have ended with a bang! a écrit:

Exactement mon ressenti...Pas de fin lorsqu'elle serait necessaire et un longue superflue...

Pour le reste, je suis jaloux et impatient...
Les dernieres paroles (Part of me died)...que dire? rien sinon que c'est simplement magnifique...
Vraiment heureux qu'il ait retrouve son inspiration... Quelle synthese... "Silence,indiference, the ultimate crime"...
Jujufloyd

Jujufloyd

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyVen 26 Mai - 8:24

pipi3 a écrit:
Le consensus serait que le milieu de l album soit sa partie faible avec notamment sa chanson titre et Bird in a Gale.
[/youtube]

Autant le morceau-titre, central, a une valeur de pause, d'entracte, de liaison, autant Bird in a gale est une vraie tuerie.
Cet album ressemble a beaucoup de choses qu'on a déjà entendues (du Animals, du TFC, du Wall) mais au final, ça ne ressemble à rien d'autre. Roger est allé chercher plus loin, il ne s'est pas contenté de recycler les succès et recettes d'antan.
https://www.facebook.com/FrancePinkFloyd/
funckyfrank

funckyfrank

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyVen 26 Mai - 12:22

Après plusieurs écoutes, le seul titre qui manque cruellement d'un solo de guitare est "Broken Bones" qui malgré des paroles de qualités est le plus monotone.. Un pont avec une envolée guitaristique aurait donné un peu de relief à tout ça.

A contrario, "Picture That" avec ses arrangements (bcps de claviers) ce suffit à elle même.
Hâte d'avoir vos avis..

Etant plus Gilmour que Waters à la base et même si on ne peut faire de comparaison, je suis bien plus enthousiaste avec cet Opus qu'avec TER ou RTL
Symoon

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyVen 26 Mai - 12:26

funckyfrank a écrit:
Hâte d'avoir vos avis..
Entre les pré-écoutes, les fuites limitées et le 2 juin, on va avoir des discussions décalées ! J'hésite à éviter le forum jusque samedi en huit.
pipi3

pipi3

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyVen 26 Mai - 12:55

Un gars remerciant Rontoon:

"Nice review Ron. I think we have reached similar conclusions in a roundabout way.

Completely agree with your comment re Crystal Clear Brooks. What a fabulous song that is and what a missed opportunity. Can just imagine Broken Bones fading out and that fading in. Oh well, hopefully this album will kickstart Roger's desire to start releasing new material again and we will get it at some stage in the future."

En tout cas, on n'est pas tout seul a penser que Roger aurait du incorpore cette chanson.  Je doute que Roger reparte sur une autre album solo apres la tournee, mais on ne sait jamais...

Nigel sort de ce corps...
Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 200025stephenbillington

Je suis en train de reecouter The Last Refugee ce Vendredi matin. Mauvaise idee. Ses fausses notes me donnent un mal de tete. Nom de Dieu, comment a t elle pu passer le cap de la production.  Mad

Celle la elle va sauter a l'ecoute de l'album, c'est certain.
pipi3

pipi3

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyVen 26 Mai - 18:12

Je viens de relire la revue de Rontoon, et je dois dire que je lui fais assez confiance dans son analyse, qui est a la fois tres bien ecrite et detaillee.  Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 637358     Marrant car pas mal des points sur lesquels nous avons partage ici se retrouvent dans son analyse. A savoir:

* Pourquoi CCB n'est pas sur l'album?
* Aucun solo de guitare, un choix vraiment etrange
* La verbose du premier couplet de Deja Vu, que certains ici trouvaient de mauvais gout.
* Le choix du producteur.

Perso je rajouterai le choix des musiciens (que Nigel a "impose").  Ce choix me laisse perplexe. J'ai quand meme de plus en plus l'impression que Nigel a invite ses potes Wilson et Waronker sur l'album.  Wilson est okay, mais il est loin d etre un lead guitare (Snowy, Dave K, Doyle, G.E Smith sont largement meilleurs quand ils se pretent au jeu), et Waronker, bah c'est un jeu de batterie plutot sterile.   Dommage que Porcaro soit decede trop jeune, j'aurai bien voulu le voir a l'oeuvre avec Roger (Jeff P a fait un travail d'orfevre sur It's A Miracle).

Ceux qui connaissent et apprecient la musique de Roger (et j'en fais parti) doivent quand meme penser qu il y a eu des choix assez bizarres sur cet album!
DolbyEX

DolbyEX

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyVen 26 Mai - 21:06

Je commence à m'y faire à ces choix, heureusement qu'il y a eut des extraits pour digérer et qu'on a beaucoup d'infos, parce que s'il avait fallut encaisser tout ça en plus de découvrir l'album, j'aurais eu peut ětre plus de mal.
Ceci dit c'est bien aussi de changer de style, de se renouveler par la même occasion, travailler Godrich qui a semble t il une vision tres differente de la musique ça lui apporte un souffle nouveau et ça evite de tourner en rond. Je pense que Roger en etait la, il tournait en rond avec divers projets de chansons et qu'il avançait pas, pour preuve rien de concret depuis 25 ans à part une une refonte totale du concept The Wall.
Alors un autre aurait pu faire mieux, mais aussi pire que Godrich, et je ne retire pas les critiques que j'ai émis sur lui, mais il mené le projet avec ses choix qui finalement donne une autre couleur à la musique de Roger. Je repense au dernier album de Bruce Springsteen, musicalement c'est assez éloigné de ce qu'il fait d'habitude (pour le coup ce qui change c'est qu'il ya des solo), et c'est trés réussi ce mélange du style de Bruce avec quelqu'un d'un peu plus neuf, un apport qui se marie bien, ça lui permet de se renouveler.
C'est pareil pour Roger/Godrich il modéle à sa façon les compos de Roger avec un oeil extérieur et ça ne peut etre en tout cas qu'à saluer.
lausoda

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptySam 27 Mai - 12:32

Mais l'album a leaké pour qu'autant de monde ait réussi à l'écouter (plusieurs fois) ?

Des infos? (Par MP peut-être)
-jim

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptySam 27 Mai - 13:07

Trop hâte d écouter ça me paraît long..... Godrich avait fait un sacré bon boulot avec mccartney. !!! Idem avec roger ?????
pif floyd

pif floyd

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptySam 27 Mai - 15:23

On peut faire un parallèle intéressant entre le Chaos And Creation In The Backyard de McCartney et le Is This The Life We Really Want? (en tout cas le peu qu'on en connaît pour l'instant), tous deux produits par Godrich. Ce dernier avait bousculé Macca en lui disant en gros: "arrête de te forcer à ne pas sonner Beatles, laisse-toi aller, fais ce que tu sais faire, joue un maximum d'instruments toit tout seul". Et c'est clair que l'album en question n'a pas à rougir de la comparaison avec les meilleurs disques des Beatles.

Pour Waters, des 4 extraits entendus, on a l'impression que c'est un peu le même topo. Wawa fait du Wawa (les réminiscences floydiennes+++, les bruitages...) et Godrich se charge d'agencer le tout. La différence viendra peut-être de l'inspiration des deux songwriters: McCartney était en pleine bourre créatrice, alors que Waters, mais c'est un avis tout personnel à l'écoute des 4 extraits, semble un peu tourner en rond, musicalement parlant en tout cas - je ne me suis pas encore penché sur les textes. A suivre...
if

if

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptySam 27 Mai - 17:01

Ils n'avaient pas le même âge (je sais, ce n'est pas une excuse) 63 ans pour le macca et 73 pour le Roger... Par contre je peux t'assurer que niveau écriture il n'y a même pas débat !
MOB

MOB

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptySam 27 Mai - 18:18

Je suspecte Roger d'avoir fait du play-back sur cet album

Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 591783
pipi3

pipi3

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptySam 27 Mai - 22:22

Allez pour revenir au topic.  Au tour de Pitchfork pour leur critique de l album:

https://www.google.com/amp/pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/23266-is-this-the-life-we-really-want/amp/
pipi3

pipi3

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyDim 28 Mai - 0:37

Vu sur un autre forum, lui il n'y aime carrément pas.

Well, I’ve listened to this twice through now, and I have to agree with you Ron. It’s tuneless, directionless and goes nowhere. A bit like any Radiohead album after OK Computer (Cheers Nigel). I thought it was the most boring record I’ve listed to in... I can’t think when. What is this man prattling on about that couldn’t have been covered in two songs? We’ve waited how long for this? It is the flattest sounding collection of moans and groans and boring drivel imaginable. Almost every track sounds the same as the last. It’s nothing I’ve not heard before and whatever miserable half-baked derivative sub-Floyd tune he manages to extract out of each “song” is crushed out of all existence by his strained and strangled out of tune vocal, which sounds a bit like my neighbour’s cat with an anvil resting gently on its rib cage. At one time Waters could really deliver a brilliant concoction of angst, hatred and bile – which is what made those Floyd albums we all know and love so great - but this just sounds like some mad ****er gasping for what little piss-**** oxygen there left in this ballsed-up world to feed his world view (which broadly speaking I find morally agreeable; it’s just that no ****er is listening). Back to the album, and the real travesty of this disaster zone is that in a recent Uncut magazine interview Waters was complaining that he believes he never got enough credit for the music on PF’s records. Jesus Hunchback Christ, I wonder why?
Cagliostro

Cagliostro

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyDim 28 Mai - 2:07

pipi3 a écrit:
Quelqu'un sur YT a gentillement reporte les paroles pour Picture That (il y a problement des erreurs), mais c'est plutot sympa de sa part:

(Lyrics) Picture That by Roger Waters (Interpretation so far)

Picture yourself as you lean on the court rail tossing away your last cigarette
Picture your finger pushing the doorbell
Picture the skull and those bones in the doorway

Picture yourself in the streets of your radar (~)
Picture the casbah
Picture Japan
Picture your kid with his hand on the trigger
Picture prosthetics in Afghanistan

Picture that

Picture a court-house with no fucking laws
Picture a cat-house with no fucking whores
Picture a shit-house with no fucking drains
Picture a leader with no fucking brains >>> avec l'effet d'echo, ca rend super bien ca!

Fuck me they found me Massah in the show (~)
And an afghan singing  in the very front row (~)

Fuck Miss Universe catching some rate
Wish you were here in Guantanamo Bay
Picture a seat on a private plane
Picture your faith out to the floor (~)
Picture a cruel clearly insane
Picture no windows
Picture no doors

Daughters so scared of their father (~)
To follow the the tree gets harder and harder

Picture the rap you get for the wedding
Picture the boiling water you get for tea
Picture the kids climbing into the bed sheet
Picture my hand turning the key

Picture that

Picture the dog hip up ahead (~)
Picture the tree at the side of the road >>> Ca c'etait le truc horrible que l'on entendait dans le dernier teaser.  L'intonation est changee (fort heureusement), a moins que la version studio???
Picture my asphalt getting a little colder (~)

Park me down toa place by the river (~)
Soul for my kidneys
Soul for my liver

Why so greedy?
So fucking needy
There's no such thing as being too greedy (~)

Effectivement, c'est gentil, mais par moment on assiste a de l'hallucination auditive...
Cela dit, l'intention est louable, et la tache plus qu'ardue vu la source live.
Tout de meme on peu se demander ce qu'il pensait que pouvait signifier:

"Fuck me they found me Massah in the show"...

Donc dans le post qui suit, je donne mon interprétation des paroles...Tout n'est pas claire encore, les éléments sur lesquels je doute sont entre parenthèse.
Cagliostro

Cagliostro

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyDim 28 Mai - 2:13

PICTURE THAT

Picture yourself as you lean on the (court rail) tossing away your last cigarette
Picture your finger pushing the doorbell
Picture the skulls and crossed bones on the doorman

Picture yourself on the streets of Laredo
Picture the casbah
Picture Japan
Picture your kid with his hand on the trigger
Picture prosthetics in Afghanistan

Picture that

Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws
Picture a cat-house with no fucking whores
Picture a shit-house with no fucking drains
Picture a leader with no fucking brains

Follow me filming myself at the show
On a phone from a seat in the very front row
Follow miss Universe catching some rates
Wish you were here at Guantanamo Bay

Picture a seat on a private plane
Picture your feet nailed to the floor
Picture a crew who are clearly insane
Picture no windows
Picture no doors

Go up to a strain in the State of Nevada
To follow the dream gets harder and harder

Picture a rapt in a gift for the wedding
Picture her boiling the water for tea
Picture the kids climbing into the back seats
Picture my hand turning the key

Picture that

Picture the dog in the pick-up ahead
Picture the Tree at the side of the Road
Picture my hands going steadily cold

Follow me down to a place by the River
Soul for my kidneys
Soul for my liver

Why so weedy?
So fucking needy?
There is no such thing as
Being too greedy

Cela sonne mieux,
a vous de juger... Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 401588

EDIT: quelques corrections...cela me semble bon maintenant...
Symoon

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyDim 28 Mai - 7:06

http://www.elmundo.es/cultura/2017/05/25/592707d3468aebad368b4626.html

Waters a envoyé la démo de Picture That à Gilmour, qui (d'après lui) s'était montré intéressé. Mais pas de solo, et la raison n'est pas donnée. A mes yeux c'est une opportunité manquée, mais au moins ils ont tenté.
Floyd_Le_Grand

Floyd_Le_Grand

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 EmptyDim 28 Mai - 8:39

Je vis en ce moment le meilleur moment,dans l'attente d'un nouvel album de Roger(dont j'ai écouté très peu les extraits),à la sortie imminente ,et dont tous les espoirs sont encore permis! Very Happy
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...   Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect... - Page 9 Empty

Is This The Life We really Want : vos avis, critiques presse ...ect...
Page 9 sur 35Aller à la page : Précédent  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Suivant